GroupBy is database training by the community, for the community.
- Speakers submit session abstracts publicly online
- Vendors can be speakers, too (anybody can submit a talk on anything – your own open source project, paid project, Microsoft can apply, hardware vendors, etc.)
- Readers can leave comments on the abstracts to help the author clarify and improve them
- Everybody votes for the abstracts they’d like to see most
- When voting closes, the top 10 speakers/abstracts for next month are picked
- Sessions are held online in an easy-to-watch platform
- A live co-host helps the session go smoothly by posing questions from Q&A and Twitter, helping with technical glitches, and filling in for drop-outs
- Recordings are posted on YouTube, in our podcast & apps, and transcribed
- Speakers can build up an online presence with great SEO so their work isn’t lost (and replace content they’re no longer proud of over time)
- Speakers can’t present in back-to-back events (to encourage variety)
- Over time, we organize content so that readers can navigate through a learning path with seniority levels
Stay up-to-date on GroupBy conference by joining our mailing list below.