DBAs and consultants that want to leverage automation to scale themselves to their company’s needs. If you need to install or maintain the configuration of a SQL Servers, this session is for you. No prior knowledge of Desired State Configuration (DSC) is needed.
Challenged with this problem, let me show you how I used PowerShell Desired State Configuration to deploy and configure 80 SQL Servers for a client, fast! For this task, I needed to go from DSC Zero to DSC Hero. In this “notes from the field” session, I’ll share with you how I was able to achieve my client’s goals.
In this session we’ll learn:
- DSC Fundamentals
- DSC Resources and where to get them
- Configuration Data
- Best practice SQL Server configurations implemented in DSC
- Leveraging this configuration for Disaster Recovery
Why I Want to Present This Session:
As a consultant I need to provide maximum value to my customers, they don’t need me in a corner clicking next, next…finish to install SQL Server. Further, I want at have a well structured, engineered configuration that I can easily deploy. I want to share this experience with you so you can leverage the same tools to increase your value to your employers or clients.
Latest posts by Anthony Nocentino (see all)
- Inside Kubernetes – An Architectural Deep Dive - March 1, 2019
- I Needed to Install 80 SQL Servers…Fast. Here’s How I Did It! - November 17, 2017
- Monitoring Linux Performance for the SQL Server Admin - May 11, 2017