DBA,Developers and Sysadmin who want to see the new features coming in SQL Server 2017.
This session covers the new features in SQL Server 2017 – apart from Linux support
– New support using Query Store for automatic tuning of querys which have bad plans (multiple plans with regressions)
– Additional information (statistics) stored in the actual execution plans
– New DMVs e.g. showing log information, statistics histograms
– Interleaved Execution for multi-statement T-SQL TVFs
– Adapative joins for queries
– Resumable online index rebuild
– Performance enhancement for non-cluster index builds on memory optimized tables.
– Additional in-memory SQL Surface Area e.g. Computed columns, JSON, CROSS APPLY,sp_spaceused,sp_rename,CASE,TOP N with TIES
– Parallel Transaction Redo for memory optimized tables, increases throughput for Always On Availability Groups
– DTC support for Always On Availability Groups
– Cluster-less Availability Groups
– Minimum Replica Commit Availability Groups
– New CLR strict security
Why I Want to Present This Session:
Always keen to share knowledged. Known for speaking/blogging on the latest New Features since SQL Server 2014 came out.
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- SQL Server 2017 New Features (Not Linux support!) - May 23, 2017
- SQL Server on Linux – SQL Server vNext goes cross platform! - May 23, 2017