The first event is over, the recordings are out, the podcasts are being downloaded, and now it’s time to take a deep breath to think about what we wanna do next.
Here’s a quick rundown of how the April event will work:
- Speakers submit sessions. Anyone can submit a session on any topic. The deadline is February 28th.
- Readers collaborate. Anyone can leave a comment on your session abstract to suggest changes or ask for clarification. The deadline here is also Feb 28th, which means you could theoretically submit a bad session on that day, and not get enough feedback to improve your session. That’s what you get for procrastinating, ha ha ho ho.
- Everyone picks the top 10. On March 1-15, the home page will show the list of submitted sessions, and you can check up to ten of them. You’ll have to be registered & logged in to vote, and a live leaderboard will show the current vote tallies.
- On March 16th, the winners are announced. It shouldn’t be a surprise – we’ll just be showing the top 10 folks from the leaderboard. The winners start working on their slide decks if they’re not already done.
- The live event will happen April 21 & 28. This time, the sessions will be spread a little further out (every 2 hours instead of every 90 minutes), giving folks a better chance to do bio breaks and set up. During the breaks, presenters can have their webcams & audio on, take questions from the audience, and have an open mic discussion. (We’ll likely record this as outtakes and throw it into YouTube just for fun.) In April, we’ll also have the Brent Ozar Unlimited team on during the breaks – we’re used to running GoToWebinar sessions, and it gives Brent a chance to run out and do bio breaks.
- Afterward, recordings go out. They’re uploaded to the GroupBy YouTube channel, the session detail pages, the podcast feeds, and BitTorrent. Our transcriptionist goes to work writing out the text, and our volunteer editors put in section headings and screenshots.
Now, how can we kick this up a notch? What should we change or add to the next round? We’ll take your feedback for the next couple of weeks, and based on that, announce a list of changes on Feb 21.
Latest posts by Brent Ozar (see all)
- Voting Open Now for GroupBy’s September Lineup - June 10, 2018
- Getting GroupBy.org Ready for GDPR Compliance - April 23, 2018
- Here’s the Lineup You Picked for GroupBy June 2018 - April 16, 2018